Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

What about Visio? (2003 vs beta)

Woody's 2003 newsletter warned that the extra beta products would be deleted when the final was installed. I've just installed the final, which went very smoothly, and as predicted (and as stated in the installation) the extras had to go. Unfortunately that included Visio, which I had been led to believe would expire at the end of January and which I just happened to want to seriously try out. I haven't installed the final version on my laptop yet, so I could leave Visio there until the end of January so long as I postpone the laptop installation, but why can't we have a trial of the real thing? In fact I thought it was supposed to be the real thing: Can I re-install the trial Visio without messing things up?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What about Visio? (2003 vs beta)

Thanks. I was wrong on both counts, and I'm scratching my head over where I got my impressions. It may have been terms like pre-release versus beta, or other obscurities, but the Visio I had installed was indeed the beta. Now that I have Office upgrade installed I can download a 30-day trial of the final version of Visio at any time .

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What about Visio? (2003 vs beta)

Peterg--

You should be able to install a trial of Visio if you can get one with no problem. Has Visio 2003 been delayed? The site seems to say it's available and I had reeived a Beta copy so is the situation that you want to use a trial, and the final version isn't available or you just want to try it for 30 days or so?

If you put a trial Visio on, then if and when you decide to get a full version in keeping with the way Office 2003 is working, I'm sure the final Visio would just uninstall the trial if you decide to get it.

Visio Homepage

Visio 2003 Trial

SMBP