2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Rollup 1 (XP 2002 sr1)

The wizards on this board may get tired of answering this question...hope I'm the 1st.
    If I'm not sure if I am up to date with the load of patches out there for XP, is there any harm in running the rollup just to be sure?

Thanks

Re: Rollup 1 (XP 2002 sr1)

I would say no harm as it seems to be able to cope with some of the patches being installed already.

According to the latest Woody's Window Watch:
    <hr>You can grab the 'Express' installer from Windows Update (it will appear on the list only if you need it) this will download a small program that runs then grabs all the parts of the Rollup that you need on your machine.<hr>
    - you may be able to use that method to determine if you need it or not!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Rollup 1 (XP 2002 sr1)

Evidently the "Rollup Patch" is pretty intelligent. I was a bit behind (understatement) in my security patches and when I downloaded and installed the rollup, one thing I noticed is that in my Add/Remove list now, the rollup is the only thing that shows up. So it may be "smart" enough to know where you stand and supercede all previous patches. So far, I've not had a single problem in system operation. Go For It. I would recommend downloading the whole patch file at the link Woody provided.