Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bullets and Numbering (Word 2000 )

I am creating an ordered numbered list in Word 2000. Once I have customized some of my levels the spacing between the numbers and the text in certain levels is greater than it should be. It looks as though I can fix each one individually by moving tabs back and forth on the ruler - but this is not the fix I'm looking for. Is there a way to do all in one? The bullets and numbering dialog box is reading as though the space should be a small amount when in fact it is a large amount. I'm even wondering if this is a bug.

Any help would be great! Thanks ...

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bullets and Numbering (Word 2000 )

Hi Mickey:
    1. The first thing you must do is create your styles without numbering.
    2. Then put the cursor in the level one style & go into Bullets & Numbering.
    3. Reset all the list galleries so that you start with something fresh.
    4. Pick the one closes to what you want & then choose customize...
    5. Now you should be able to set the indentation & numbering for the level one style. However, there is a Jason tab (so named because it keeps coming back) that will exist whenever you apply your numbering. Unless you apply numbering with a macro, it'll keep coming back. You should click the "more" button so that you can see all the settings & link each numbering system to its style.
    6. With the dialog box still open, customize each of the levels in turn WITHOUT closing the dialog box.

When you're done, the numbering should be reasonably stable.
    Hope this helps,