Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Add-ins and upgrades (Office 2003)

My upgrade from Office XP Pro to 2003 Pro went very smoothly with one exception: there was something I didn

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Add-ins and upgrades (Office 2003)

Peterg--

You may get a quick answer here but also there is a WOPR FAQ--may not have been updated to include Office 2003 yet but also there are Contact Links over on the right of this page that might help you. There is "WOPR Support," "Ask Woody Anything" and "Contact Webmaster." You might give a couple of those a shot if you don't get it cleared up here.

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I was able to sit down with members of the MOS 2003 team today at the launch. They told me emphatically that the default installation is that everything is cleaned off your system so it is puzzling that any remnants could possibly stick around to cause you a problem given your installation. There may be other reasons for this problem that may be coincidental time wise.

I would do a custom installation for previous Office components I wanted to retain that weren't in the MSO 2003 install. But I wouldn't give advice on WOPR XP components when you can go to the creators for help.

SMBP

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I did a custom installation side-by-side with my Office XP applications (Word, Excel, PP and Access) because I have them customised the way that I like them--especially Word and Excel--and wasn't sure about file compatibility with the new Access.

The installation was fairly easy however I do receive a few error messages when launching the new applications--obviously all of these refer to WOPR XP so no real harm done but it's getting annoying. I've disabled most of them through the Add-Ins dialogues but the Outlook ones are pretty persistent--Image Extractor and Enveloper. I've disabled them in Word 2003 but they still pop-up. I was going to change the Startup folder for 2003 but then I realised that none of the WOPR's are in there--their under Program FIlesWOPR XP. There's an error with Commander as well.

I think as this is a problem a lot of users here are going to encounter, it would be far better to pursue this out in the open as opposed via e-mail to each inidividual user. If you have received info from on high about how to deal with these add-ins, please let everybody know.

Thanks.

S.O.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Soneil--

If you go to the WOPR site at the link on the bottom of the lounge forum list "WOPR Frontpage" or one of the newsletters, they have links to mail questions to the WOPR people for help with their tools, and they will probably be able to dig in and find you a solution.

You know that they are goign to want to find a way to make sure they work with new Office versions that are going to be around for a while until the next one Office Longhorn or whatever it will be.

SMBP