3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Design Ideas? (2000)

I have to create this for a project (below), I have some ideas of how to set it up but i know you all have more experience so I am looking for suggestions on structure
    I would appreciate your ideas. It has to be done in access and it can be any way I want as long as the criteria are met. Thanks, Jordan

Network design topology and hardware/software requirements specifications. There will be one database; it will incorporate the Registration System, Check-in, Check-out, and will handle the posting of customer charges (from the Restaurant/Shop)

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Design Ideas? (2000)

If you are asking for someone to design your database for you, then I think you are asking a bit much from the volunteers here. What you are asking for is what many of us get paid to do. If you have specific design questions, then that is a different matter, and we can try to help you.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No I am asking for ideas of the layout thats all, i can design it myself and would never ask that

i was looking at it last night, is there a way to integrate a little calendar inro access to input dates?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Layout of what? The specification is rudimentary at best, so it's hard to give advice on something so nebulous. If you ask a more specific question (like how to display records so that ... ) and give us an idea of your proposed table structure, we can offer assistance. Otherwise, the topic is too broad for any useful answers.
    Charlotte

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

>> i was looking at it last night, is there a way to integrate a little calendar inro access to input dates?

Access comes with a calendar control. To put it on a form, click the More Controls button on the Toolbox, then select Calendar Control from the list.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

ok well now that hans helped with the calendar idea, i am curious how i can make it to it will show whos in what room at a specific time

i plan on having a customer table with all their personal info, a room table with room #, amount of beds, etc and a price table which lists all different charges from the restaurant and shop that will link based on customer ID

how can i make it so that if John smith is staying in room 200 from may 11th to may 13th, i can find out hes currently in the room on may 12th, a date in between the check in and check out

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

crottyjd.

Not knowing your table and field names makes it difficult to direct you in the best possible method, but.
    You need to create a query or SQL statement which will check the start date and the end date (and include them).

Below I have added a snippet of code from my database which is only to give you an idea on how to accomplish or create code to solve your issue.

Dim CourtesyCheck As Integer
    CourtesyCheck = DCount("*", "tblAttPeriod", "UnitID=" & Me!txtUnitID & _
    " And " & BuildCriteria("FromDate", dbDate, "<=" & Me!txtDateThru) & _
    " And " & BuildCriteria("ThruDate", dbDate, ">=" & Me!txtDateFrom))
    'If a duplicate has been encounterred, warn the user:
    If CourtesyCheck > 0 Then
    ' Warn the user
    MsgBox "This Staff Member Is Already Booked", vbCritical
    ' Cancel the update

As I said, this code does not suit your needs but has the principals involved.
    In this case, check the Staff Member and the dates do not exist, if they do:

If CourtesyCheck > 0

Warn the user.