Star Lounger
    Thanks

Report Field (2000/SP-3)

I have a report in my frontend application with a RecordSource of tblChanges, a linked table in a backend database on my local machine. I have a field called ChangeType in the table that holds a value of 1, 2 or 3. I also have a report in the frontend application with a field, also called ChangeType, that should display text according to the contents of ChangeType.

In the ControlSource, I use the expression:

=Choose([tblChanges]![ChangeType], "New", "Conveyed", "Changed")

When I run the report, I get a dialog with a title of "Enter Parameter Value" and a prompt for "tblChanges" with a textbox just below it.

What am I doing wrong?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Field (2000/SP-3)

Do I understand correctly that you have two reports? ("I have a report ... I also have a report ...")
    Is tblChanges also the Record Source of the second report? You only mention this for the first report.
    - If it is, there is no need to refer to the table in the control source of the text box, but you will have to give the text box a different name.
    - If it isn't, it doesn't make sense to refer to the table. You can't refer to tables that are not part of the record source this way.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Field (2000/SP-3)

No, there's only one report. Sorry for the confusion.

I changed the textbox name, and everything is wonderful. Thanks for the tip.