New Lounger
    Thanks

Advanced Search of Non-Office files doesn't work (Outlook 2002)

One of the features I was accustomed to using in previous versions of Outlook was the ability to browse and search the file system. Unlike Windows Advanced search function, from the Outlook search results screen you can add/remove columns from the search results and then copy the screen data (not the files) to the clipboard so you can paste it into another file. The only alternative to getting a list to the clipboard is to use DOS and redirect to a file, etc. But the fact that Outlook lets do full text searches and alter the columns of the result set is really useful.
    Now in Office XP, I find that I am unable to search the content of text files. That is, when I try, I get no results. Is this a known bug or does anyone know a workaround?
    Or is there some config setting buried in the bowels of office that I need to set.
    Thanks for any insight.

Thanks

Re: Advanced Search of Non-Office files doesn't work (Outlook 2002)

Are you also using Windows XP? There have been some threads on the Windows XP board (I think one is a Star Post) about overcoming some new limitations on the file search features of Windows XP. I think there's a possibility these things are related, but surely I'm speculating.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Advanced Search of Non-Office files doesn't work (Outlook 2002)

No. Windows 2000 SP3, actually.