Star Lounger
    Thanks

clear a control in a form (access 2000)

I have a form with various text and combo boxes on it that are formatted for $X.XX . Problem is that when the user enters the control they have to hit DEL several times to get rid of the $0.00 . Is there a small piece of code I can place on the "On Enter" property to make sure that nothing shows up? Thanks in Advance!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: clear a control in a form (access 2000)

Comboboxes normally show what's in a list. I don't understand the question in the context of a combobox. Formatting won't make a zero value show up unless that's what's in the underlying field. If you have a default value of zero then you will see $0.00 on new records, but there normally isn't any need to clear it because all the user has to be is enter the field and type a new value. Could you explain a bit more?
    Charlotte

Star Lounger
    Thanks

HI Charlotte, sorry I'm not being clear enough. I have combo boxes where the control source on the table is formatted as currency with 2 decimal places. On the form, when a new record is selected "$0.00" shows up in the combo box and when the user clicks, NOT TAB, into the control they have to hid DEL, DEL, DEL several times to clear out the value before typing in another value. Otherwise they would end up a value like $0.300.88 which of course depends upon what point they CLICK into the control. I've looked at the MS KB and they got articles about this clicking into the control problem but no solution for clearing out the field completely. I sure hope this makes more sense. Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It looks like you have a default value set for the field to which the combo box is bound, as suggested by Charlotte. If you don't want the combo box to contain $0.00 in a new record, you must clear the default value of the field in the design of the table that contains the field. This will make the combo box come up empty in a new record.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank You!