Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

HP LaserJets - 'toner cartridge fullness' utility

Specifically for the HP Colour LaserJet 2500n, is anyone aware of a command-line utility which would give me a message to indicate how full are the four toner cartridges and what "capacity" of the imaging drum unit has been used?

Web JetAdmin is fine as a GUI, but I'd like to be able to acquire this information via a BATch file for about 40 of these networked 2500s, and this lends itself to a command line utility working off either an IP address or a printservernameprintername. Thanks!

PS Obtaining this information for mono laserjets and other models of colour laserjet would be very useful too!
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HP LaserJets - 'toner cartridge fullness' utility

John,

How are these printers connected?
    Will any of the tools on the Web JetAdmin plug-ins page help?
    If not then maybe you can do something with the Jetadmin SDK

StuartR

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: HP LaserJets - 'toner cartridge fullness' utility

Stuart

They are all 2500n, so all have internal JetDirect cards Ethernet-connected on local LANs, which are connected together on WANs. All are LPR/LPD printers and Web JetAdmin finds them just fine via their IP addresses. I've looked at the Web JetAdmin plug-ins before, but nothing obvious took my fancy.

What I'm really after is something like
    HOWFULL.EXE servernameprintername
    or
    HOWFULL.EXE 123.45.67.89
    for any (newish) laserjet, which would return a one-line message of the form
    Black 38% <font color=6495ed>Cyan 43%</font color=6495ed> <font color=magenta>Magenta 64%</font color=magenta> <span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #000000; font-weight: bold">Yellow 27%</span hi> <font color=red>Imager 75%</font color=red>
    with the colours absent if a mono printer, and the Imaging Unit figure missing if it was not a replaceable item.

(PS the program doesn't actually have to produce the message in colour!!)
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...