doug ramsey

Exporting Excel Graphs to a GIF file in '97

[img]/w3timages/icons/scream.gif[/img]Has anyone tried to use an Excel macro to create .gif file from a graph for export to HTML? I'm using a macro to save graphs as .gif's for export to a web page for internal reporting. If the size of the graph is too large, Excel truncates the graph by chopping out columns of data. No matter how small I make the graph it still happens. Microsoft says it's a known bug that 2000 fixes, but that's not a great alternative for me because of compatibaility issues I have with other users. Anyone have any suggestions? You can reply here, or to me directly at wdr@usrelo.com.

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Excel Graphs to a GIF file in '97

Doug,

I'm doing much the same thing. It's in Excel 2000, but I've run it OK in Excel 97.

But you talk about columns dropping off. Does that mean that you're exporting values (rows & columns of data) rather than graphs?
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Exporting Excel Graphs to a GIF file in '97

Doug,

I don't know whether this may help. I've just been playing around with screen resolutions. When I exported the gifs under 640 by 480 the gif was truncated. Back on higher resolution the export worked OK
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.