Thanks

Referencing 2 query name instances

Seemingly simple and, again I know I
    Cheers,
    Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Referencing 2 query name instances

Both should work. The period <big>.</big> is used to denote a property, and the bang <big>!</big> to denote a member of a collection. But since the Fields collection is the default property of a table/query, and the Controls collection is the default property of a form/report, the period and bang are often interchangeable.

If you have problems, check if there are inconsistencies in the name and control source of controls. For instance, if you have a control whose name is just ProjectName, this might confuse Access.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Referencing 2 query name instances

Hans,

Thanks as always for your quick response. You were right, I was right with respect to my formatting. What I did not even consider as the problem was the fact that I was also trying to put a 'literal tag' as part of the name, so that I had =" " & [qry Projects_1].[PJ_ProjectName] and the system did not recognize [qry Projects_1]. When I got rid of the =" " & all worked perfectly. I'll just stick a label in front and that should do the trick. Again, many thanks as I quietly record this in my "Treepad".

Andy
    Cheers,
    Andy