2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

changing table names (97 sr2)

I want to make a duplicate of a very complicated database that was created for the state of new jersey. I want to now use the copy for the state of maryland. Unfortunately I named alot of the tables in the original database NJxxx. Is there anyway to change table names in the copy so that all the queries, forms, reports etc. would using the tables would change also.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: changing table names (97 sr2)

There are a couple of options - unfortunately (some folks see it as a blessing) Access 97 doesn't have the auto-rename feature of 2000 and later. So you are pretty much stuck with one of the utility tools that will do it for you - Speed Ferrett is probably the best known. There is also a tool known as Rick Fisher's Find & Replace that I believe is shareware - it can be downloaded from http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/misc/misc.htm.
    Wendell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You might try one of the find-and-replace utilities. For example Find and Replace from Rick Fisher, Speed Ferret from Black Moshannon Systems. both offer free trial downloads with limited functionality.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you, I downloaded the software from Rick Fisher and it works beautifully!