1. New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel '=' problem (2000/9.0.4402 SR-1)

I brought up an Excel spreadsheet that was originally created from a prior version of Excel (I'm not sure which version). I performed a "save as" to convert it to a 2000 file. On one of the existing worksheets I was trying use and calculate certain dates. However I type in the date 9/30/03 and my worksheet automatically changed my cell to =9/30/3 and using the date format displays it as "Jan 0, 1900". I try to delete the "=" but the worksheet keeps putting it back in. I do not have this problem if I insert a new worksheet, it is basically happening to this existing worksheet. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks

Re: Excel '=' problem (2000/9.0.4402 SR-1)

Try tools - options - transition tab
    uncheck : "transition formula entry"

Steve

4. New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel '=' problem (2000/9.0.4402 SR-1)

It worked - thank you!!!