4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple copies causes multiple buttons (2000)

I just switched from Office 97 to Office 2000 and I hate it. When I open two Word documents, rather than getting two copies IN Word, I get two copies OF Word. The same happens in Excel. To make matters worse, it moves the buttons for those two copies of Word (or Excel) to the end of my buttons so it changes the order of the buttons in the Taskbar. I always keep my programs in a specific order in the Taskbar and this behavior is driving me nuts. I've searched and searched the help system and cannot figure out how to turn this stupid behavoir off. Can anyone help? I'm about ready to go back to Office 97.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple copies causes multiple buttons (2000)

For Word 2000, you can download an add-in by Romke Soldaat that restores the MDI (Multiple Document Interface) behavior: Office Forum on Compuserve.

In Excel 2000, select Tools | Options..., View tab, and clear the "Windows in Taskbar" check box. Note: All Office XP applications have this option, including Word 2002.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It works very well, thanks. You cannot close Word with one click with multiple documents open but everything else seems to be as it was. Again, thanks.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can do something about that too: see here on the very useful Word MVP site.