4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Date picker control (AXP)

Does anybody out there know where I can get a better date picker control then the DTpicker (mscomctl2)? It seems as though this control is pretty limited in what it can do. Plus I would like something with a few more programmable events, like on change.

Thanks,
    Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Date picker control (AXP)

You might check out the ActiveX controls from http://www.dbi-tech.com - they have a number of date controls, including one that functions in a fashion similar to the Microsoft one, but has a number of added events and options. It doesn however have a couple of idiosyncracies that you have to program around.
    Wendell

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Date picker control (AXP)

Hi Mark

Checkout the following, I use it in a2k

Popups Database. (29KB ZIP File)

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~trevor/AccFA...oads.htm#popups

A small mdb containing a few popup forms that you can call up from your forms to add functionality and ease of use to your applications.

For text boxes you can use the Zoom box, like [Shift]+F2 but bigger and with customisable font & font size / style selection.

For numeric fields, there's a calculator that will return the result straight to your field.

And lastly, for dates there's the calendar, just like the OCX one that ships with the ADT but uses no OCX.
    This is my favorite Popup.mdb, works similar to calendar in Quicken.

It also includes a calculator and text/memo zoom box

I like it because mouse is not needed, keyboard works as follows: (see step 7)

DATE FIELD BEHAVIOR

When you enter, change or delete a date field the following features and rules apply: The date is entered in month, day and year format (m/d/y)

1. If you Tab to a Date Field the pointer will be in the left most position. _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _

2. If you Click into middle of a Date Field the pointer will go to the left most position in3-4 seconds. _ _/_ _/_ _ _ _

3. To enter the date 1/2/3 with the keyboard, you would type 1, then Right Arrow once, then type 2, then Right Arrow once, then type 3, then Tab Key and the field will display 1/2/2003

4. or, to enter the date 1/2/3 with the keyboard, you would type 01, then type 02, then type 3, then Tab Key and the field will display 1/2/2003

5. To enter today