Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Tab Control (Access 2002, XP Home)

After adding another tab (page) control to an existing form, I click on it, but it stays behind whichever tab control was last selected. How do I get it to come to the front of all (any) the other controls? It stays behind in both the design and form views.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tab Control (Access 2002, XP Home)

Tab controls are not ordinary controls, they are containers for other controls.You cannot nest one tab control in a page of another tab control, and it doesn't make sense to have two overlapping tab controls. It is possible to use multiple tab controls on a form, but they should be separate, without overlap.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm confused. Let's try to get the terminology straight. You can place a Tab Control on a form using the Toolbox. A Tab Control can contain one or more Tab Pages. By default, a Tab Control contains two Tab Pages. You can insert additional Tab Pages from the right-click menu of the Tab Control or from the Insert Menu.

A Tab Control always has one active Tab Page; only controls placed on the active page are shown, controls on other Tab Pages are hidden. You activate a Tab Page by clicking on the tab with its caption.

You can't place a Tab control on a Tab Page of another Tab Control.

If you want to place a control on a specific Tab Page, you must first select it by clicking on the tab with its caption, then put the control somewhere on the Tab Page. If you haven't selected the Tab Page first, the control will be not be part of it.

Are you trying to insert another Tab Control, or another Tab Page?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png y.PNG (2.6 KB, 0 views)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I finally discovered that I should use the "Insert | Tab Control Page" function to get another tab control on the form. I must confess that this is my first experience with tab controls, so I'm in the learning mode.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again Hans. I'm beginning to figure it out. I was using the Tab Control on the controls toolbar, and it would set up an entirely new set of tabbed pages whereas I should have been using the menu item "Insert | Tab Control Page."