3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Enable Java (6.0)

Where to enable the Java? The following is a message from a bank website that claims my Java is not enabled. The Java script is enabled in my Security Setting. Is this Java Script same as that Java?

VisualCalc applications require that your browser be Java-enabled. This VisualCalc application will not run because Java is NOT enabled in your browser. Please enable Java in your browser. If you do not know how to enable Java in your browser, please contact your system administrator.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Enable Java (6.0)

Hi Dennis:
    Java is not the same as Java script. Check your internet options to make sure Java is enabled. See attached (although you don't need logging enabled).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

It depends whether your bank is referring to Microsoft's Virtual Machine or to Java as developed by Sun - available here. Starting very recently, Microsoft has been going through the public stages of withdrawing its Virtual machine from use. I know my bank's software - part of ANZ Group - only accepts the Microsoft version. Your bank may be different.
    Gre

Thanks

You also might want to add your bank's domain to your Trusted Sites list (Tools>Internet Options...>Security>Trusted>Sites...). You might be blocking certain Java behaviors in your security settings for the Internet Zone.