3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

boundcolumn (Access 2000)

ok. not sure if this can be done but here goes.. I have a combobox on a form called countryname. The control source for this field is a table called Countrydata_tbl. The table had 3 fields 1.countryname 2. countrycode 3. countryphonecode. I have the combo box display all 3 columns. Now what I would like to do is have 2 other textboxes on the form autofilled by what the user selects in the countryname combo box. I can do this with one box (called countrycode)easily by setting the boundcolumn property of the combo box to 2 (which is that field in the table). My question is how can I have it populate the 2nd textbox (called countryphonecode)? Is there a way to do this? Thanks...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: boundcolumn (Access 2000)

Use

me.xTextbox.value = me.cboFirst .column(x)

Where:
    xTextbox = the second and third textbox names
    cboFirst is the name of the combobox
    (x) = the column of the value you want pasted

Thanks,
    Mark

Thanks,
    Mark

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: boundcolumn (Access 2000)

Mark has given you a solution involving VBA code - the instruction he mentions should go into the After Update event of the combo box.

You can also use the expression he suggests in the control source of a text box:

=[cboFirst ].[Column](x)

where cboFirst is the name of the combo box, and x is the zero-based column number (0 = first column, 1 = second column, 2 = third column, etc.)