New Lounger
    Thanks

Passwords/Usernames

When signing up for different sites, the computer will offer to remember the password/username.

If you inadvertantly type a wrong username the computer will save this also. Can anyone tell me WHERE these are stored in order to delete incorrect entries??

Please reply to jrees@netnitco.net

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Passwords/Usernames

Tools/Internet Options/Content tab/AutoComplete/ AutoComplete/ & then clear forms or clear passwords. However, to delete an individual one, just go to the web site in question, put your cursor in the correct box & press the down arrow. You'll see the incorrect choice & you can select & delete it.

Hope this helps.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Phil,

Thanks a bunch.....I should have been able to figure that out...did not think about the auto complete function.

I owe ya one.

Jack D. Rees

New Lounger
    Thanks

One of the problems I've encountered is that if you type a mistaken bit of information into a form -- or if you change details down the road (e.g., email address, phone number, etc) you cannot edit this info out of the browser. Over time, this 'memory window' can grow quite large with changed data and typos -- does anyone have an idea of how to modify it without completely deleting the data set?

Thanks!
    Frank

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Frank:

Yes, you can edit the information out. See my previous post just above.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Phil,
    perhaps I'm confused, but it seems that it's not possible to selectively edit this information -- actually, perhaps it's not passwords, but info that's saved to expedite the filling in of forms (name, address...) Or at least... I don't know how. There's a pop-up window that appears with many choices, including typos you've made previously and old information such as old addresses, but there doesn't appear to be a means for editing this pop-up window? This seems to be a function in both Word and Internet Explorer. Any thoughts on this?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Frank:

If you go to the website where you're using the information, put your cursor in the form box. When the drop down list appears, containing lines of information you wish to delete, arrow down to the line & press delete. This should work if I'm undersanding you correctly. The "pop-up" window that you're referring to is a drop down list that you can use the arrow down (or up) key to select. You can't edit the incorrect information, but you can delete it.

Hope this helps.