Star Lounger
    Thanks

Office 2000 Save My Settings Wizard Gone ? (2000)

Apparently MS has discontinued the "Office 2000 Save My Settings" service...

Is there any other way to move Office settings from one computer to an other ? As far as I can tell the wizard *requires* the internet service !

Any info welcome

Regards

Alex

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Office 2000 Save My Settings Wizard Gone ? (20

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Phil Rabichow on 29-Oct-03 17:23. to add reference to star post)</P>See <post#=5112>post 5112</post#> & go to the Office Update site & download the Office Resource Kit. Among the tools is the Profile Wizard. This is similar to the Save my settings wizard EXCEPT you save the settings on your own machine. Then you can use the Profile Wizard to restore those settings on a new machine.
    Hope this helps,

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks - just one last question: do you know if this would work from Office 2000 to 2002 (or 2003) ?

Regards

Alex

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm not sure, as I haven't used Word 2003. I would think that certain settings, such as your username.acl, normal.dot, & specialized templates could be transferred. As far as options under the DATA key, I'm sure there will be some differences. I'd go through the new Word & decide my options anew. One thing you might do is take screen shots of the various Tools/Options & Tools/AutoCorrect... dialog boxes & paste them in a Word document. By comparing them to the new dialog boxes, you won't overlook new settings.

See also How can I import and export all my AutoCorrect entries, so they can be transferred to another machine?
    Cheers,