New Lounger
    Thanks

Userform / Textbox - Character Limit? (Office 97 SR2b)

Hello:

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of characters you can enter in a single textbox on a userform?
    The user may be entering more than 255 characters, but is not likely to exceed 1024, yet Excel is hanging if they are attempting to enter a long text string.

The userform is for simplified data entry. The data is being written to a worksheet contained in the currently open workbook.

I'm aware of a 1024 display limitation on cells/textboxes - but that is not the issue in this case.

Cheers.
    A.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Userform / Textbox - Character Limit? (Office 97 SR2b)

I'm hazarding a guess that the textbox is not actually showing the whole of the text string. From the VBA help file...
    <hr>
    WordWrap allows the TextBox to wrap lines of text that are longer than the width of the TextBox into shorter lines that fit.

If you do not use WordWrap, the TextBox starts a new line of text when it encounters a newline character in the text. If WordWrap is turned off, you can have text lines that do not fit completely in the TextBox. The TextBox displays the portions of text that fit inside its width and truncates the portions of text that do not fit. WordWrap is not applicable unless MultiLine is True.<hr>

Alan

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Userform / Textbox - Character Limit? (Office 97 SR2b)

Sorry for the delay in responding.
    The issue isn't with the display - it's in the backend (passing data from the userform onto the spreadsheet).
    In any case, there may actually be a different issue with the form that is causing this - so I'm working on it.
    I'll be back with more info if I'm still stuck.
    Cheers & Thanks!
    A.