Lounger
    Thanks

Draw Enries (2000)

Our company is going to run a competition and the clients will get an entry for say every $1,000 they spend in the period. It is easy to determine the number of entries and use the INT function to set number of entries. What I cannot see at the moment is how to print the relevant number of entries. It was intended to use an Access Report to produce the entries that would then be cut to size and placed in a barrel. If any one could suggest a way of doing this it would be greatly appreciated. i.e have data e.g client xyz entries 3, client abc entries 1 etc etc.
    Many thanks Allan

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Draw Enries (2000)

About the only way I can think of is to create a separate table. Call this new table tblCounter, and it has only a single field (call this field Counter, which is an integer). If you expect no client to have more than 50 entries (for example), then populate tblCounter with 50 records, with Counter being from 1-50.

Then, create a query than includes both this new table and any other tables necessary to the the SumOfPurchases over the period. This will create a Cartesian join, which basically means that you will get 1 record for each customer for each of the 50 records in tblCounter. You then whittle this down to what you need by including a Where clause like this:
    Int(SumOfPurchases)<=Counter

The
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Draw Enries (2000)

Dear Mark, Many thanks for your prompt reply and this set me off in the right direction. Because I had already in the query the calculation of the number of entries, I created a table from the cartesion join and then ran a query with <=[entries] in the counter field. This was simple and works perfectly. many thanks again.
    Regards

Allan