New Lounger
    Thanks

Form total problem (Access 2K)

I have a very dumb question that I hope someone can help with.

I have a database which has a lot of forms & subforms, most of which are working fine.

Today I had to do another one, which is the simplest of all. On this form is a text box for TransferCost and in the footer I have another box for TotalTransferCost, using the formula =sum(TransferCost).
    My problem is that the Total box in the footer will not update when I change an amount or add a new record until the form is closed and reopened. All the other subforms are working fine - the total updates as soon as I move to the next record (these forms are all set up as continuous forms).
    As the total is needed elsewhere on the main form, I do not want to have my clients close the main form just to update a $10 entry!

How can I get the total to update automatically? Most of the other forms need calculations to arrive at a total, this one has only one figure entered in each record.

Suggestions will be gratefully received.

Lorraine

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form total problem (Access 2K)

Does the sum get updated correctly if you open the subform by itself and edit the data?

New Lounger
    Thanks

No, it doesn't make any difference whether it is opened by itself or within the main form. And there is no VBA code which would affect it.
    There must be something causing the problem, but I can't think what.

Lorraine

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Can you post a stripped down copy of the database? You should remove everything from the copy except the subform and the tables and queries needed for this subform. Remove most records from these tables and delete or modify sensitive data. Then compact the database and zip it. the zip file should be less than 100 KB.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Here is a copy of the form and the table behind it. I was running it from a query, but realised that all the fields come from one table so changed the record source. I thought that might solve the problem but it hasn't.
    Thanks for looking at it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Change the Control Source of txtLodgeTfrCost from [LodgeTfrCost] to LodgeTfrCost, so that the text box is bound directly to the field.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you Hans. I knew it had to be something simple, just couldn't see what.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

And it would have been impossible to find this one from a distance, without seeing the actual form.