Star Lounger
    Thanks

Archive in Folder List = Open? (2002)

There is an Autoarchive option to "Show archive folder in folder list". This seems to add the Archive folder to the list each time I do an autoarchive. I go in and manually close the folder when I see it under the assumption that its presence adds to the overhead. Does "Show archive folder in folder list" mean keep the separate .PST file open or does it mean something else?

I would like have these folders (separate .PSTs) easily findable, but to not add overhead to the application. Is there a better way?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archive in Folder List = Open? (2002)

Yes, "Show archive folder in folder list" means that the Archive.pst file (or whatever name you specified) is kept open, but I don't think the overhead caused by this is a problem, unless you are very low on resources anyway. The alternative would be that you have to open the file each time you want to look something up in the archive. If you need something frm the archive regularly, that is a nuisance.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Archive in Folder List = Open? (2002)

Thanks. The archive file(s) are fairly large and infrequently queried. My concern is more of "every little bit helps" than "free resources to stay alive".