New Lounger
    Thanks

Excel-Cannot access directory (Excel 2002 SP1)

We switched from Windows 2000 to Windows XP, so backed up data files to network and used them until upgrade was completed. Copied files back to desktop, and erased network drive copies. Now, Excel gives me an error message, "Cannot access directory U:xxxxx", which was on the network until I deleted it. Excel will not let me change the location in the Options menu. Is there a fix for this? Windows XP SP1 desktop, 1.5GHz, 256MB, plenty of disk space, on a NT network. Thanks

Thanks

Re: Excel-Cannot access directory (Excel 2002 SP1)

When do you get the message?
    Is it the default file location? or the alternate startup directory?
    I don't understand why you can't change them in tools- options. Did you try something along this line in code (change path names to what you want

Application.DefaultFilePath = "C:Path"
    Application.AltStartupPath = "C:Path"

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Excel-Cannot access directory (Excel 2002 SP1)

I initially received the error message when I saved a spreadsheet. But when I opened the Tools/Options menu to try to check, clicking on each tab produced the error message and I was not able to make any changes to Options. After calling our network people and talking about it, they recommended I re-create the the missing directory, which I did and that allowed me to make the Option changes. I think it's a silly way to have to make program changes. Luckily, the directory structure was not too deep. Is this an Excel quirk or Office in general? It's frustrating when you're trying to get real work done.