New Lounger
    Thanks

Browser does not respond (IE 6)

Hi
    Hoping someone can provide me with some direction: recently updated Win ME to XP Home. On some websites, particularly Ebay, IE stops responding. I can get to the main Ebay page, sign in, etc. but when I run a search I only get the first page of searched for items. When I try to bring up individual items, I get no response. I've added all of the critical updates listed by MS. I've increased TIF space on the HD (Woody's Windows XP Timesaving Techniques for Dummies - me) and even lowered security settings and tried it that way, no luck. I'm running Meaya's Popup Ad Filter, Cookie Pal and Zone Alarm. I've tried shutting them off which makes no difference. Is there anything else I could try? What am I missing?
    Thanks
    Paul

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Browser does not respond (IE 6)

You might try deleting all the Temporary Internet Files, including offline content. I'm not familiar with XP, but in Win98 you can go to a DOS prompt & delete index.dat. Then reboot & see if that helps. Also, the usual things after major changes...run a scandisk & defrag.
    Hope this helps,

Thanks

Re: Browser does not respond (IE 6)

A lot of ad-supported sites show third party ads that include rich content, such as Flash animation or Java applets. If you do not have a "java virtual machine" (either Microsoft Virtual Machine or Sun's Java Runtime Engine), a Java applet could cause problems. Or if your Flash player is corrupted or missing, then Flash animations could cause problems.