2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Scheduled Tasks - They just stop running.

I have numerous scheduled tasks, scheduled to run daily, that run for weeks, and then they just stop running.

I cannot figure out how to set these jobs up so that I can rely on them running when they are scheduled to run. I set them up to run using my logon and password. My password is set to never expire.

So why is that after say six weeks or so they just stop running. I've been dealing with this now for like two years. Can anyone explain why this is such a pain in the ear?

Here is the text from the log:

The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task.
    The specific error is: 0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated.

What am I missing here?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Scheduled Tasks - They just stop running.

Jerry, Look at this KB article: Task Scheduler Jobs Do Not Work and Generate Error Code 0x8004130f Intermittently. Looks like you need to be running SP4.

Joe
    Joe

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am running SP4.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I don't know about you folks, but I don't think this is a problem unique to W2K. I've had the same exact kind of intermittent problems with Task Scheduler in Win95, Win98 and WinXP(Pro). I always thought mine were due to the fact that I always had a scheduled job to run a McAfee pattern file update once a week, during the night. I blamed the failures on McAfee until it began to happen with backup programs and other stuff like batch files etc. I just quit using Scheduler entirely and now rely on utilities like AutoIt.