2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Prospective users do not have Access installed (Access 2000)

Can someone please point me in the right direction--I remember reading somewhere quite a while ago in the many Access reference books I have that there is something one can do to make an Access database accessible to users who do not have Microsoft Access installed on their computers (not using the internet). I have searched the books all morning and cannot find anything. I need to create a database where all company users would need to complete a data entry form whenever they are requesting a work order. The database has not yet been designed, but its main purpose is to request and keep track the work orders. One third of the company's users have MS Access installed, but the others do not, and the company does not have the additional licenses to do so. If anyone has any advice, suggestions, or references that would give me guidance, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Many thanks...Mary

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prospective users do not have Access installed (Access 2000)

You have a problem. The way you do this is by distributing a runtime version of the application to the users. However, to do that, you must have the developers edition of office, and if you're using Office 2000 you may have a serious problem finding the developers edition.
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prospective users do not have Access installed (Access 2000)

Thanks, Charlotte. I don't know if my company has a developer's edition of Office 2000, but I'll find out on Wednesday. In the meantime, thanks for letting me know about distributing a "runtime version of the application." ...Mary