Star Lounger
    Southern Highlands, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

Lost Mail (OE V6)

HELP! I When renaming one of my Inbox folders, the name I entered was incorrect - it matched the name of an existing folder - so I got an error message and I cancelled the operation. Now the folder that I tried to rename is empty. All the emails in it have dissappeared. Where did they go? Can I get them back? Is there any way I can see if they are in the Inbox.dbx file?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Lost Mail (OE V6)

Try having a look in the following folder - Cocuments and Settings[username]Local SettingsApplication DataIdentities[long alphanumeric string]MicrosoftOutlook Express. (If you're using Windows 9x/ME, start with the Local Settings folder in your Windows folder.) You may find that your original folder has now been renamed to [folder name](2).dbx
    Gre

Star Lounger
    Southern Highlands, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks

No, not there! I suspect they - ALL October's emails - are gone forever! By the way, if the file had been there as a dbx file, what would I have done to make the emails available again? Thanks. John

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I would have suggested mrenaming the folder back to what it was originally - and, if necessary moving other files out of the folder; if there were a name conflict.
    Gre

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If you haven't seen it already, try <!profile=MaryJ>MaryJ<!/profile>'s tip at <post#=311333>post 311333</post#> - as you MIGHT be able to recover something.
    Gre