New Lounger
    Thanks

'Unknown Error' on forwarding (OL2000 SR1)

Sometimes (frustratingly often!), when I forward a message, after I've composed my bit and pressed Send, OL immediately returns the following error message:
    "The messaging interface has returned an unkown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."
    The message just refuses to send. If you try to save it, tough luck, the same error message pops up again. I now have to copy the whole message, close the message, forward again, paste and then Send works without fail - rather inelegant and eror-prone. It seems to happen only when I have an attachment open whilst attempting the forward process, but I cannot get it "repeatable" Help appreciated!

Gideon Coetzee

Thanks

Re: 'Unknown Error' on forwarding (OL2000 SR1)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 03-Nov-03 13:50. On second read...)</P>I've gotten this message only when the destination folder for a message I'm trying to move has the maximum number of items in it (by default, something in the 16,000s, if I recall correctly). For example, if the Deleted Items folder has this number of messages in it, trying to delete a message returns the error you're getting. Now, it's simply inconceivable that the Outbox could have this particular problem. But Sent Items could...

Added: If you have an attachment open that you are attempting to forward, Outlook sometimes behaves oddly. I would avoid that situation if at all possible.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: 'Unknown Error' on forwarding (OL2000 SR1)

When you forward a large attachment that also remains in the received message, it gets temporarily duplicated. See if the advice in <!post=this,302987>this<!/post> thread helps.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS