Gold Lounger
    Thanks

History Tracks Folders as Well as Sites (Win XP Pro SP1)

I may be the last to have noticed this. I use Notepad a lot to classify and keep notes on a number of things, and like anyone so type folder managment--and if they are numbers are passwords, besides Outlook's BCM or Address Books, ACT or Franklin-Covey or any of these type contact managers, you can always email passwords and important numbers you might want to a central location--that way you don't have to have a machine with you. If you work for a place that has Windows SharePoint Services and Exchange servers available, then you may have this handed to you.

I just noticed though, that History has a My Computer Listing where it will store all the folders and notepads you accessed (with "e" icon symbols strangely) and this can be faster and more accurate than XP search.

SMBP

Banned Member
    Thanks

Re: History Tracks Folders as Well as Sites (Win XP Pro SP1)

<hr>I just noticed<hr>

I find that hard to believe SMBP, you are always on top of the little stuff.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Even when I get Small Business Server in a couple weeks, I'll work with it but still do what I'm doing as a backup.

SMBP

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

I don't have the backing of a nice server system like MS who store all kinds of stuff on SharePoint team services--calling it Windows SPTS now, and Exchange--which is good because all they need is a computer to connect to those places. I don't know how great an idea this is, but I've taken all my passwords, important phone numbers, ID's for newsgroups, important contact info ect. access to net magazines, and put them into an email box so that I can always access it.

I had used notebook for something and just could not come up with it on search--always the chance that I deleted it--by accident even with that dialogue box clicking without looking--very bright if I did--so I was trying to access the info I had gotten through google with History and I noticed My Computer there--and that didn't mesh with any URL's and when you click on it--it has all the folders and files you visited plus any documents you've made including Notepad documents only unlike My Recent Documents or My Documents the symbol is a small "e" for some reason. This can be quicker than search and better because in my experience, search in XP simply misses some items.

SMBP