5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Setting Persistence

Some time ago, I had asked how to quit Excel without being prompted to save the file. The purpose of this worksheet is, upon opening, to pull variables from another workbook into lines of text, save the result as a text file (.prn), and then quit... all without any intervention. The following VBA code seems to do the trick:
    <hr>Private Sub Workbook_Open()

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
    "C:Program FilesIBMClient AccessEmulatorprivateAutoRpt.prn", FileFormat _
    :=xlTextPrinter, CreateBackup:=False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Application.Quit

End Sub
    <hr>

The suggestion to use Application.DisplayAlerts = False came with the advice to turn the alerts back on immediately before exit sub or end sub. I do not see any way to do this, since the messages I wanted to avoid were being generated due to Application.Quit. Once the quit command is executed, can other VBA commands be processed? Without the opportunity to turn the alerts back on, the next time I open Excel will the alerts still be turned off?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting Persistence

I don't know if I am missing something here, but the reason why Excel displays a message before the Application.Quit command line is because some open workbook is not saved. As I understood from your post, another workbook is open from which you pull the data into the text file. Close this workbook or save it. If you save every open workbook before quitting, then Excel will not display any messages and you do not need to set displayalerts to false.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Setting Persistence

If you are happy that there is no data that you might want saved you could include the following line

Application.Workbooks.Close

before

Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Application.Quit

Andrew C