New Lounger
    Thanks

motion path (Office XP, SP-2)

i can't seem to reverse a motion path in powerpoint! the help tells me i just need to right click on the motion i want to change -- there is supposed to be a choice to reverse motion path, but i sure can't find it ..... any ideas where it might be?!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: motion path (Office XP, SP-2)

Do you actually see a motion path on your slide? If so, take care to right-click exactly on the motion path. This can be difficult where the motion path is over other objects on the slide, it is all too easy to get the context menu for an other object. It seems to work best if the motion path passes over an otherwise empty part of the slide; you have a bit more leeway then.

New Lounger
    Thanks

maybe i'm dense! i don't really see any motion path. i see object tags, and of course the custom animation window, but nowhere will it let me click on a motion and reverse it's path ..... i'm confused!!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you don't have a motion path, it seems reasonable that you can't reverse it, don't you think?

Since I'm using a foreign-language version of PowerPoint, captions may be slightly off in the following.

Select an object on the slide.
    At the top of the Custom Animation task panel, there is a dropdown box "Add Effects".
    Click the dropdown arrow, and select Motion Paths from the list, then one of the options, for example Draw Custom Motion Path (it's fun to draw your own doodle, although your audience may not appreciate it) or More Motion Paths...
    Once you have selected or drawn a motion path, you should see it on the slide, and be able to right-click it.