5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Resource Kit Documentation (WinXP)

Have downloaded the Win Resourcekit Tools, because I wanted to use RoboCopy. Luckily that tool comes with documentation... For almost all other tools in the kit (and there seem to been over one hundred...) I cannot find any (short) description.
    Of course I searched on the Internet but could only find some on-line stuff @ MS and even that didn't concisely summarize the tools... Question: is there a document out there somewhere that describes the tools and their purpose & functionality briefly (e.g. half to one page per tool)???

Appreciate any input ;-)

Erik Jan

Note: there is info in the readme.htm file but, although I didn't thoroughly dig in there, I feel this is far from complete...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Resource Kit Documentation (WinXP)

You're right! If you were talking NT Resource Kits I would refer you to the *.CHM (Compiled Help) files, such as NTRKTOOL.HLP. But in both the XP Resource Kits and the Windows XP Support Tools there's a dearth of such things... I presume they assume that users are psychic?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Erik--

Maybe my usual confusion is more confused, I'm trying to nail which tools you want explained, but are you looking for Windows Resource Kit tools contexted, and Jefferson also offered a way to context the Office Resource Kit tools and on the Office site there is a considerable amount of reference material for the Office Resource kit tools. I'm trying to get at contexting XP the OS tools and if you want to get at the Resource Kit Tools for Office XP or MOS 2003 I guess you can find a way to get at them as well. I hope this is in the neighborhood of what you're after.

Windows XP Resource Kit and Tools

MS Resource Kit Tools

Win XP Resource Kit Appendix D: Tools for Troubleshooting

Windows XP Resource Kit Appendices

Windows XP Professional Resource Kit Documentation

Windows Deployment and Resource Kits

Microsoft Office 2003 Systems and Office XP Resource Kit Tools and Downloads

Office 2003 Resource Kit Toolbox

Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit Tools

Office Resource Kit

Office XP Resource Kit Tools

Office XP Resource Kit Tools--the Toolbox

MOS 2003 Resource Kit Tools and Downloads

Office XP Resource Kit

SMBP

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by jscher2000 on 05-Nov-03 21:56. )</P>Try Technet: TechNet Home > Products & Technologies > Office > Office XP > Resource Kits > Tools

Added: I'm in the wrong board. Windows. Sorry. Never mind.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

OK, NOW I am confused ;-)

Basically I don't know anymore WHAT I have here... here's some info:
    * I have ROBOCOPY in the set (that's why I downloaded it in the first place...)
    * Most files in the set are dates April 18, 2003
    * Some more file I see: CHKLNKS, Clusterrecovery, Compress, FCSETUP, INIMAN, KRT, MEMTRIAGE, NOW, PFMON, QTCP, REMAPKEY, setprinter, tail, tcmon, vfi (just a few out of many)

So what set is this then and where is the specific info??? Sorry for my ignorance in this...

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

To which Resource Kit are you referring because basically Robocopy is the Robust File Copy Utility and can be downloaded free with the link I gave you to Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit.

Robocopy.exe (Resource Kit)

Robocopy.zip

I'm sorry--perhaps this is a utility in the .net resource tool kit,the Win NT, Win 2K or Windows Server 2003 kit-- and I don't have any experience with it. It also is included in the NT and 2000 Resource Kits per the KB here.

323275: How to Use Robocopy to Copy Security Information Without Copying Any File Data

Robocopy.exe program, 147 is discussed in the Windows Security Resource Kit

Designing Distributed Applications with Visual Studio .NET Designing for Manageability

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools Robocopy.exe: Robust File Copy Utility

Robocopy.exe Win XP and .net Resource Kit

SMBP