4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Mailing a document (XP)

I want to include a button at the end of a word document that send the document to a specific email with a given subject. The word document is a questionnaire and I want to give the user an easy "press the button to send" facility and not have to do anything more himself so i need to use SendMail except i can't see that I can specify the emailTo address or the Subject.

thank you............... liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mailing a document (XP)

Perhaps you can route the document. Select File | Send To | Routing Recipient...
    You can specify one or more e-mail addresses the document is to be mailed to, the subject and the message text.
    When the user closes the document, (s)he will be prompted whether the document should be mailed to the next recipient.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

would work except my mixed bag of recipients have a variety of email applications and Route only works with an Exchange/Outlook address book I think.

liz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In that case, I don't know a satisfactory solution. SendKeys to fill in the e-mail is excluded since you don't know what the user's e-mail template looks like, and anyway, including a macro in the document will cause problems on many systems.

Thanks

> i need to use SendMail except i can't see that I can specify the emailTo address or the Subject.

Check out the MsoEnvelope object returned by the document.MailEnvelope property. I think you set that up and then use the document.SendMail method. (Just a guess based on the help file... seems a bit convoluted drilling down into the Item sub-properties...)