New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook & imap (2003)

Just installed Office 2003. Used to run 2002 with imap for my e-mail....ISP is Compuserve. Had no problems. Now I can't create an imap account in Outlook. I now have five imap folders showing in the Nav panel which I cannot delete. Settings are: imap.cs.com and smtp.cs.com (just like 2002). When I try to delete the folders I get messasges like "imap store could not be removed. If it has not been previously removed, you may want to try to close it. " Ha! Speak english ! How can I remove something that apparently doesn't exist?
    I have removed and reinstalled Office 2003 three times. When I go into Outlook, I still have the imap folders showing from previous installations.
    Anybody have any ideas for a non-techie?

Thanks

Re: Outlook & imap (2003)

I haven't used 2003, but wouldn't you have to add and remove IMAP accounts using Tools>Accounts (or whatever it's called now)?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook & imap (2003)

Been there, done that - five attempts to set up imap, three complete removal and reinstalls of Office. It is not communicating with the ISP even though my settings are correct (imap.cs.com & smtp.cs.com), use my phone line, etc. Get an error msg ....outlookoutlookimapcs.com-00000030.pst could not be found.