5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Generating a Calendar (Access 2000)

I need a form that looks like a calendar, with dates running down and hours running across. Within the 'grid' I key an output amount of, say, 1000. A new record then needs to be created which stores the date, time and the output figure as a new record. How can I get Access to automatically store the date and time, reading it from the grid??! Thanks, Andy.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Generating a Calendar (Access 2000)

Your project is going to be lots of work - I would probably look at some sort of combination of text boxes, with an event procedure behind each to determine what hour was involved. I would suggest using an ActiveX control as an alternative. There are date and time picker controls available in the developer version of Access that have some basic capabilities. In addition, one company that offers a control that looks much like the Outlook calendar is http://www.dbi-tech.com.
    Wendell

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Generating a Calendar (Access 2000)

Thanks v.much, and apologies for the delay in responding. I agree that it's going to be a great deal of hard work, and the wrong application is being used!