New Lounger
    Thanks

Changing Font size in Large Word document (Office XP)

This is a questions from my professor about changing font size in a document for a 1000 page text book:

I am sending you attached part of a chapter. Here is the problem: We use font size 12 for the main text and font size 10 for subscript and superscript. The equations when written in Math Type are all o.k. However MS word (especially when we refer to a variable in the text) gives subscripts and superscripts that are too small.

I have tried to go and change many variables in the text using Math Type, but it is a horrendous work. 1000 pages have been typed so far this way. Is there a command that can be applied to a document (chapter or portion of it) that will specifies the size 10 for subscripts and superscripts. ? If you have an idea, please help. Of course this is after the fact. Apparently if we had established style sheets from the beginning we could have done it, but I am really not an expert.
    Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing Font size in Large Word document (Office XP)

I wonder if you could create your new styles now. Then use Edit > Replace to replace all text that is superscripted with your new style.

StuartR

Thanks

Re: Changing Font size in Large Word document (Office XP)

I've not studied the matter, but I suspect that subscript and superscript are a percentage of the size of the font to which they are applied. In my test, it appears to be approximately 8pt when the font is 12pt. You could substitute raised, directly resized text for the superscript attribute. This probably requires either a carefully crafted Find and Replace operation, or a macro.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changing Font size in Large Word document (Off

Hi Jefferson:
    You can specify subscript or superscript in either the Find or Replace box by pressing Ctrl+=, Ctrl+Shift+=. So I think the original poster could do 2 Find/Replace operations, replacing subscript with a certain size font, & then doing superscripts. But I'm not sure what size the poster really needs.