Lounger
    Thanks

Trouble with Activities tab in Contacts (Outlook 2002)

I am using Outlook 2002/Win XP and am having trouble with the activities tab. When I click the activities I get a message that tells me that the .pst file cannot be found and to go to properties and reset. Which I have done to no avail. The kicker is my .pst is on the network and not local where the message tells me it is looking. I cannot find anywhere to change this.

Any thoughts???? Thanks for the help!

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Trouble with Activities tab in Contacts (Outlook 2002)

I have been using Outlook since version 97 and have never seen a "activities tab", where are you seeing this?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble with Activities tab in Contacts (Outlook 2002)

Hi Dave,

The activites tab is in contacts. When you open the contact card there are several tabs on the top to choose from and activities is one of them. Outlook searches email, calendar, tasks etc...for anything having to do with that contact. So instead of searching all over Outlook for an item regarding a particular person, Outlook will do it with activities tab.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Trouble with Activities tab in Contacts (Outlo

What view do you use on Outlook Contacts? The Activities tab was definitely around since Beta 1 of Office 2000, and I have a dim memory of it being (at least) in Outlook 98. You need to switch to the individual "card".
    Gre

Lounger
    Thanks

There are several tabs when you open a contact (general, details, activities, certificates and all fields) and that is where it is.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

The only thing I can suggest asking is whether your copy is fully up to date with Service Packs and the Post SP2 Rollup Patch. I have not really used the Activities tab. It does seem that there were some issues with Outlook 2002 looking in the right places. The cumbersome workaround of keeping a special PST on your hard drive with all your Contacts in it doesn't seem very attractive - for a number of reasons. HTH
    Gre

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't use Activities either, but just in case, right click your Contacts Folder, select Properties | Activities tab, select each item in the window (mine shows Journal, Calendar & Tasks, Contacts, Notes, E-mail, All Items), select Modfy, and make sure they all point to (a) valid Folder(s).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7DS