2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Toolbar Ghost (Excel XP)

I'm not sure whether this is a hardware or software problem but would be interested in any suggestions.
    I have a compaq presario laptop running Windows XP Home edition and have an intermittent problem with Excel. Sometimes when I've used a pivot table or used the macro recorder the toolbar remains as a 'ghost' on the screen. There is a rectangular section of the screen that can be grey or white which hides whatever is behind it and which only goes away after I close Excel. The 'ghost' doesn't move but I can scroll the screen etc., around behind it.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toolbar Ghost (Excel XP)

This problem has come up before; it can occur in several applications. No definitive explanation or solution was found. Possible causes are:
    - Your system might be low on resources. How much memory do you have, and how many applications do you have open when this happens?
    - There might be a problem with the drivers for your video card. Check that they are up-to-date.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toolbar Ghost (Excel XP)

Don't know what causes it, but will it go away if you minimize Excel to the task bar and then maxamize it again?
    Legare Coleman