New Lounger
    Thanks

Alphabeticaly (Outlook 2002 SP2)

When I compose an email message and click on "To" a list of all my contacts are displayed. Unfortunately, they are displayed first name first, then last name. I want them last name first, then first name. I cannot change the display order. I also cannot change the order in address book. I have changed the order in contacts. How to I change the order in address book? Thank you.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Alphabeticaly (Outlook 2002 SP2)

Open the Address Book (click the Icon in the toolbar), select Tools, Options. In the dialog, select each address book, click on Properties, set the Sort order in that dialog, OK out when all are set.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

I did what you said, but when I click on properties I only have a general tab which does have any place to sort. Help

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If the address list is a server side list such as a Global Address List, you may not have rights to it, and therefore you may be unable to change it unless Server Admin agrees to change ti enterprise wide. (I can't with my corporate GAL, but it is sorted Last, First.) Can you tell us more about the source of the address list? If it's a standalone XP Pro OS machine with profiles, you may need to be signed on as Administrator to make the change (and I'm not familiar with how to do that).

(Just checking, you got to the dialog shown attached, right?)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Read this thread as I was having the same problem. I couldn't use the fix suggested either. A tardy response, but others may be looking down the road.
    What did work for me:

In Outlook, go to the Tools menu and select Email Accounts
    On the next screen, there should be two sections. The bottom section is labelled: Directory. There is an option to "View or change existing directories or address books". Click next to that choice.
    On the next screen, select the address book in question and hit the CHANGE button to the right.
    At the bottom of the next screen is the "Show Names By" choices you need. Select the second option: Last name, First name
    Hit the Finish button and Exit Outlook.

The next time you launch Outlook, and start to compose a message, clicking on "To" will give you your contacts displayed the way you want them.