Star Lounger
    Thanks

Export from Crystal to Groupwise (Groupwise (6)/Crystal (8.5))

Any idea how to export appointments from a crystal report into a groupwise calendar?

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks

Re: Export from Crystal to Groupwise (Groupwise (6)/Crystal (8.5))

What formats does Groupwise import? I assume that Crystal Reports can generate output in CSV format, but otherwise, I have difficulty seeing how it would be useful in this process unless you have very intimate knowledge of Groupwise's formats.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Groupwise will import text files in tab or csv formats. I've even found a utility that will import that text file into groupwise. However, I have to clean up the text file that crystal generates in excel. Then from Excel export it as a text file and THEN run the utility. It's not a problem for me, but I'm trying to cut down the number of steps involved for other users.

An alternative solution:
    I want to generate the report that has my calendar information for an upcoming month and export as a Excel file (Accomplished). Write an Excel VBA Macro to clean it up (Easy to do). Then from excel, use vba to export to groupwise (Freakin Nightmare). I know how to install the libraries in VBA to get access to groupwise objects, but I can't find an example on HOW to use these objects. Any hints or resources would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think it's a sign of how little I can help that I don't even know who owns Groupwise these days. Still Novell? Do they offer developer documentation?