2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook/Outlook Express Action (2000)

I have a task tracker application I built in Coldfusion that tracks tasks, etc. Basically I needed somthing to keep myself better organized. Before adding the task you have an option to click email notification. The system then shoots an email to my email address with the time, date, task, etc. It appears in my email immediately with a "Calendar Entry" subject. here is my question for you Microsoft gurus. I'd like to take this to the next level to automate this somehow. I'd like to add a calendar entry somehow from this email. Is it possible. At the moment i've set a rule to move all "Calendar Entry" emails to a specific folder. is there someway to take this to the next level and have certain details from the email entered into my calendar. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks beforehand!!!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook/Outlook Express Action (2000)

Your question is a lot to digest. Are you looking to replicate your ColdFusion process in Outlook? Is the ColdFusion app a single user application or a multi-user enterprise application? Can you describe what it does in more detail?

Generally in Outlook it's easier to set up Tasks and then have the Tasks send reminders; setting Tasks from e-mails doesn't come easily in Outlook. For multiple users, Outlook Tasks also have an assignment capability which may be worth investigating in an enterprise situation. (BTW, OExpress doesn't do Tasks.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Re: Outlook/Outlook Express Action (2000)

I don't use Outlook's calendar, but I believe it can absorb iCal/vCalendar format appointments. Could you tweak your app to send iCal/vCalendar attachments? I'm not sure Outlook will import them automatically, but it might make manual processing quicker. (I'm sure there is a iCal/vCalendar spec on the web, but for a quick look-see, try the attached.)