2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE and Adobe Acrobat Reader (5.00 / 5.0)

Adobe Acrobat Reader (I have version 5.0) freezes up when I try to print a document found on the web. (Claims it's printing the first two pages, but doesn't).

Every time I come across a PDF document on the web and open it, Adobe asks if I want to upgrade. But their version 6.0 requires IE 5.01 or higher (I have IE 5.00).

Should I upgrade to IE 6.0 and AAR 6.0? (I have a three-year-old Dell with a 667 MHz Intel processor running Windows 98 with (I think) 128 MB of RAM.) Or would I slow my system down substantially or create other problems?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE and Adobe Acrobat Reader (5.00 / 5.0)

Don't know if this will help you--not sure what Icon you're clicking to print or with what OS but...

258915: Unable to Print PDF Files in Internet Explorer suggests to use the Print Icon.

Also for completeness in case this comes up:

817177: Image Files Do Not Appear When You View a Web Page with Internet Explorer 6 SP1

SMBP

Thanks

Re: IE and Adobe Acrobat Reader (5.00 / 5.0)

I'm using Reader 5.05, I think, and if I open a PDF that was created with later features, I get a warning. So if you didn't get a warning, I suspect you don't really NEED version 6 to print that document. On the other hand, the browser plug-ins tend to be a bit flakier than the reader program that runs when you open a PDF from disk. Therefore, I suggest saving the file to disk and then opening and printing it from there in the stand-alone reader program. Extra step, but often works better.