3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Registry Editing (XP Pro SP1)

I am local admin equiv for our company and need to either open Word with a "run as" and try to fix the toolbars and menu bar which no longer appear (no, not true full screen, which would be easy to fix).

Instead of importing hives while I am logged in does anyone know if while the client is logged in, can I launch a cmd prompt using "run as" and then run regedit as me on the client's registry?

Thanks,

Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Registry Editing (XP Pro SP1)

I'm not sure if I've exactly understood your requirements, but as a Domain Admin I can run REGEDT32 on NT4 (Registry => Select Computer), or REGEDIT on XP (File => Connect Network Registry), and select a remote PC (yes, it does have to be powered on!!) and edit its registry to my heart's content - or at least the HKLM and HKU hives. Can I assume that you've tried this without success?

When scripting in BATch files, I use REG (v3) from XP to access/process all remote registries for NT4/W2K/WXP.
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Registry Editing (XP Pro SP1)

Yes, I am prepared to remotely edit the registry that way OR while at the box itself.

I am hoping that I could open word on this machine with a "run as" and then edit Word's configuration using some tips from the Word forum.

-Jester
    I know enough to know I don't know enough