Thread: Cascading Menus

New Lounger
    Thanks

Cascading Menus

Hi All,

What I want to do is create a cascading menu that reads from a database. I have searched through google and the likes and have come up with exactly nothing so my question is does anyone know where I can get some source code that creates a cascading menu that reads from a database??

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Vicki

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cascading Menus

(You didn't specify what technology you were looking for, so here's an idea for ASP.NET)
    Check out the Menu Gallery on ASP.NET

Most of the controls will not be free, but you can often find some good freebies there.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cascading Menus

Sorry for the late reply, just going through old posts. If you are still looking into this, can you be more specific as to what you are trying to build? I built an 'automated' 'cascading' menu bar for our website (http://www.marlow.com) which is based off of Front Pages Navigation structure (we use FrontPage to maintain the navigation on our site, and since I am the only person that works on the site that knows how to write raw HTML, everyone else uses FP to edit the site too!).

The navigation bar is an include page, which builds a reverse navigation path at the top right, menu bar (with dropdown menus (IE only...sorry, I prefer VBScript, so I just enable it for IE only)), which is run by a VB .dll which reads the structure.cnf file (the file FP saves it's structure information in. It's a little tweaked to handle our Product Database (since our entire catalog is viewable through 3 .asp pages, I have the .asp/VB combo dig into the product database for navigation and title bar information too....)

Be more then happy to share the code. (It would be required that you have an IIS webserver though, because the VB is an ActiveX .dll.)