3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Flag and task time (OL 2002 SP2 on Win XP)

How can I get Outlook to allow me to specify a time for reminders from flagged messages and tasks.

I have tried to put the time in but just get a message "please specify a valid date and time" it will only accept a date.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Flag and task time (OL 2002 SP2 on Win XP)

David, when I use flags in OL 2000 on messages, I always select the date from the drop-down, and the time is always set at the end of the business day I have selected under Tools | Options | Calendar Options | Start Time and End Time, in my case 5:30 PM. All I do is edit the supplied default time to what I want. See if using the default supplied time format, which is [H]H:MM AM (or, obviously, PM), works for you. Post back with more specifics of what you are entering if this doesn't help. (I hope this isn't another instance of Microsoft's failing to account for non-US settings.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Where are entering the date and time? In OL2002, they are two separate fields, one for date and one for time. The fields accept various shortcuts, so as long as it's a date or time format recognizable by outlook, it should work. Also, you need to set the date and then the time. You can't have just the time.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Mary. I did not see the unlabelled box for the time. I was trying to enter the date and time in the date box like you could in earlier versions. Problem solved.
    David Grugeon
    Brisbane Australia