2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Adding data to field (2002)

I have a form with 5 or 6 fields. I add a number to the first field (Student Number). I finish adding data in the remaining fields and go to the next record.

Is there a key combination or other quick way to duplicate the same Student Number that I put in the first field in the previous record without having to type the entire number in again?

I vaguely remember reading something about how to do this but I can't remember the details.

Thanks

Paul

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding data to field (2002)

The simplest way is to type Ctrl+' (Ctrl+apostrophe) while in the Student Number field.

There are ways to automatically populate one or more fields in a new record with the last used value, but they involve non-trivial VBA code.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to have the same Student Number in two records?
    Usually such numbers are unique.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

This database is used to schedule parent conferences so each student may have several records listed with the same STudID. The StudID is not the primary key.

If I had it to do over again and I knew as much about Access then as I know now I would have designed the program differently, but it does work great the way it is so I hate to mess too much with it. I'm just trying to refine it a little bit.