New Lounger
    Thanks

Emailing with audio (Powerpoint 2002 (Office XP))

I have created this slideshow for work that I distribute via email. this time I have a song playing in the background of the slide show. the problem is, is that the slide show is looking for the file on my computer even when it is e-mailed (eg Cocuments & SettingsAronMy Music).

Can anyone please help me so that i can email this presentation so that the audio plays.

Regards

Aron

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Emailing with audio (Powerpoint 2002 (Office XP))

This is a reply that I received in an earlier post from Echo Swinford, the link does not work but if you look at Hans's post 309096 he has posted the correct link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glad to hear you found your sound file, Steve.

As for embedding that sound, the only multimedia which can be embedded into PPT is a WAV sound. (Well, SWF files can be by using a control, but that's way off the subject here). You'd need to convert your sound to WAV and reinsert it in order to embed the sound.

However, there are limitations even with that method. Before inserting the WAV into PPT, first go to Tools/Options and put 50000 in the box for "link sound files greater than XXX kb." That will then embed any WAV files smaller than 50MB. If the WAV files are larger than the setting you have in that option when you insert the WAV files, they will be linked regardless.

You also want to put the WAV files in the same folder with your presentation before you insert them into the presentation. That helps create pathless links, which is what you'll need if you're planning to move the presentation to another computer.

Regarding the transition, I suspect you need to read up on the sound across slides information on the PPT FAQ.

--
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps

Steve

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot. i had just worked out how to fix the problem just before I read your reply. Thanks for the speedy reply though.

Regards

Aron

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Regarding the transition, I suspect you need to read up on the sound across slides information on the PPT FAQ.

I fixed that link in the original thread. It should be http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00047.htm