Star Lounger
    Thanks

email templates by recipient (Outlook XP)

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to create email templates based on who you are sending the email to? Or is there a way to create signatures that follow the recipient? The signatures might be a simple Love, Bill for family and friends or a long drawn out disclaimer for clients.

Thanks

Re: email templates by recipient (Outlook XP)

Yes and yes.
    <UL><LI>If you create a message, you can either (1) save it as a template file (.OFT) or (2) publish it as a form (a bit more convenient to use from inside Outlook). Outlook's form are rather poorly documented. If you publish them to your Inbox, then, when viewing your Inbox, they will appear on the bottom of the Actions menu (e.g., New PersonalMessage).
    <LI>You can create as many signatures as you want and add them using Insert>Signature, but you can only have one "default" signature, I believe.[/list]Hope this helps.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: email templates by recipient (Outlook XP)

Thanks this does help. But I doubt that it goes as far as I would like. Is there an automated way or some way to link people in my address book to one template or signature? For example I want to send a reminder email to a client. I have a promotional template that has all the fine print at the bottom. Can I somehow link that promo template to Jane Doe so that when her name is selected I get the promo template and I fill in the details?

Thanks again.

Bret